The Best of Soufriere Surroundings
A visit to Soufriere cannot be complete without seeing the Diamond Botanical Gardens, Waterfall and Mineral Baths, a masterpiece for combining all different bright, vibrant flowers into a garden perfect for picture takers and flower lovers. Bird watchers may also have the chance to see an array of tropical birds nestling in the trees. The baths have a historical past, being built in the 18th century by Louis XVI for medical purposes. Continue your journey to the famous Ladera Resort, nestled 1,100 feet up on a sloping hillside overlooking St. Lucia's Piton Mountains and the cobalt vastness of the Caribbean Sea, which is truly one of the most intimate and romantic escapes anyone could ever wish for, or even imagine. Feast your eyes on the glorious view over the Pitons while enjoying a refreshing tropical drink. From here, visit the Sulphur Springs, the world's only drive in volcano, so called as you can drive right in to the crater to see pools of bubbling lava!. Finally, you will re-board your motor coach for a relaxing ride back to Soufriere bay where you will re-join your yacht.
Notes: Guests need to be able to negotiate a limited number of steps, minor inclines, a minimal amount of cobblestones or uneven surfaces, and some standing for extended periods of time. It is recommended that guests wear light clothes and comfortable flat shoes.
Port: Soufriere Bay
Duration: 2.5 hours
Voyages where this land adventure can be found:
- Feb 28, 2015 - Barbados to San Juan
- Jan 10, 2015 - Barbados to Barbados
- Nov 20, 2015 - Marigot, St. Martin - Bridgetown, Barbados
- Dec 12, 2015 - Marigot, St. Martin - Bridgetown, Barbados
- Jan 16, 2016 - Marigot, St. Martin - Bridgetown, Barbados
- Feb 06, 2016 - Marigot, St. Martin - Bridgetown, Barbados
- Mar 19, 2016 - Marigot, St. Martin - Bridgetown, Barbados
- Mar 26, 2016 - Bridgetown, Barbados - Bridgetown, Barbados
- Apr 02, 2016 - Bridgetown, Barbados - Bridgetown, Barbados