Nevis port information
Nevis is one of our favorite islands and we encourage you to explore Nevis beyond the small town to make the most of your visit! We offer several excellent and varied options for you to do so and still leave you with plenty of time on your own for the beach. Another tip - The best shopping is available on our Arts & Crafts tour; and it also includes a visit to the really lovely Botanical Garden. Less commercial and laidback than its large neighbor St. Kitts, Nevis, at first glimpse, offers a stunning approach with dramatic views of the potentially active volcanic Nevis Peak (3,232 feet/985 meters). Your SeaDream tender will bring you within a few steps of the small town center. Charlestown does not offer too many sightseeing or shopping opportunities though the house where American statesman Alexander Hamilton was born is only a short walk away along the waterfront (now the Museum of Nevis History). To enjoy Nevis to its full potential, we recommend that you divide your day into " Morning, lunch/afternoon and evening activities. Morning - Start your day with EXPLORING the island, above or under water, on one of our fun optional adventures described below. They are all enjoyable & exciting and, you will also help the local population earn a living. Unfortunately, the local economy has been suffering since hurricane Omar struck the island in October of 2008. The damage caused by the storm forced the closure of the islands main employer and main source for tourists " the Four Seasons Resort. At the time of this writing (October 2009), the Four Seasons Resort was still closed for renovations. However, the golf course is open. Midday & afternoon - For a light lunch and an afternoon on the beach, we recommend Coconut Grove (less than ten minutes from Charlestown by taxi). Make sure to ask Gary, the owner, to show you his extensive wine & champagne cellar! Evening - For a romantic sunset with cocktails and a snack or dinner, we like to take the short drive to see Gillian, the owner of the charming Bananas Restaurant, offering lovely views surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Of course there is also Sunshine's Beach Bar & Grill, home of the famous "Killer Bee" Caribbean rum drink. We hope that the above recommendations allow you to plan YOUR special day on Nevis. Now, all you have to do is to decide which of the optional morning activities to join.
Notes: Note: Coconut Grove will be closed until 20 December 2009. Until then, you may wish to try Chrishi Beach about Â½ mile north of Coconut Grove. Lunch there is simpler but the beach is nice. Qualli beach also offers a nice beach with shallow waters but we are not too excited about the food there. Yachtsman Grill also offers a nice beach and restaurant but use of the pool is not permitted for restaurant guests.
Port: Charlestown, Nevis
Duration: The duration is not specified.
Price: We are sorry, but we do not yet have the price for this program.
Voyages where this land adventure can be found:
- Jan 18, 2014 - Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, USVI - Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, USVI
- Jan 25, 2014 - Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, USVI - San Juan
- Feb 22, 2014 - Marigot, St. Martin, FWI - San Juan
- Apr 05, 2014 - Bridgetown - Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, USVI
- Nov 22, 2014 - Barbados to San Juan
- Dec 06, 2014 - St. Thomas to St. Thomas
- Nov 15, 2014 - St. Thomas to San Juan
- Dec 13, 2014 - St Thomas to San Juan
- Jan 17, 2015 - St. Thomas to St. Thomas
- Jan 31, 2015 - San Juan to St. Thomas
- Feb 28, 2015 - Barbados to San Juan
- Mar 07, 2015 - San Juan to San Juan
- Jan 17, 2015 - Barbados to St Thomas
- Jan 24, 2015 - St Thomas to St Thomas
- Feb 07, 2015 - San Juan to St Thomas
- Feb 14, 2015 - St Thomas to St Thomas
- Mar 21, 2015 - San Juan to St Thomas
- Dec 13, 2014 - St. Thomas to San Juan